Friday, December 28, 2007

The Mall

I do hope everybody had a really great Christmas. The dinners are still going on over here. I think Americans allow a colest-a-fest once a year because .. well, it's good. That is the only thing I can come up with for the amount of fat I have ingested into my system. whew. I keep looking at my nutrisystem foods sitting all lonely in the corner.. and, that is sort of where they have been staying. But I know that after I am done being "on" and entertaining, which to me is the most fun about Christmas after the midnight mass.. (which I love doing) I will hopefully settle down into a bit strict like regime.. mhmmmm...
The food is better than it was ten years ago when I did the program. The food is actually palatable, and that's saying something because I love to cook. The lasagna is just bad, that's all I'm saying. Bad, but .. the other things .. not so bad. Since I have a few more days of playing I am making tapioca pudding for the kids tonight a roast beef (garlic rub) with natural juices as aus jus of course, hmmm... I am having garlic mashed potatoes and someone has made a crust to chill.. aHA! and I think a peach pie for dessert! I made spinach dip and ate half of it. Not good but someone had to be the one to make a dent in it.
I opened a tiny present from the kids.. they went together this year and bought mom a beautiful angel pendant. It's like the size of a dime, etched angel and on a shiny gold chain, I love this! Also Santa got me a gorgeous Sony dsc digital.. got a yummy robe and some Belgian chocolates, some bare mineral makeup which I love love love, in light-fairly light, set of brushes, and the primer which is sort of like the older fruition by es tee Lauder, only updated.. um.. some Donna Karan did I spell her right.. cashmere mist (mm) and some very sexy poison which I think only a few select can actually wear.

Ham ham ham ham ham, so tomorrow it is the final ham dinner.. split pea soup with ham bone.. my dad's recipe, his famous "kick ass split pea soup" OK.. and yes he did create that catchy name himself!

I bought the kids a double pad DDR and xbox360. They were all out of wiiiiiiiii's.. so later for that I guess. Clothes and money cards for their fav stores, borders, hot topic, gap, etc.. and I bought some really cool beer making supplies for Santa. He was good this year! I also bought some essence of orange and apricot, so I can add the vodka and voila it is liqueur! When I figure my new camera out I will be posting pics of fun stuff.. the instruction booklet is small on this cam, I guess they figured only smart people would be buying it.. :o Who's in trouble now? ;o

No comments: